HOW IT WORKS
Companis makes our community healthier, safer, and more just by fostering skilled volunteer service. We match volunteer professionals and nonprofits to bridge the gap in delivering vital services in the greater Puget Sound.
The magic is in the matchmaking — but how does the matchmaking work?
Everything we do starts and ends with relationships. That means getting to know our volunteers and our nonprofit partners personally. Here’s the secret: we listen.
We listen closely. For the things that you say loudly, and the things that are a little bit quieter. The things we learn from you, about you, are how we make the right connections at the right time.
Here’s what you can expect after you click the “apply” button:
- Companis program staff review your application.
- We schedule a time to get to know you.
- We listen and gather important details about who you are and what you’re looking for.
- We connect the dots in our Companis vault of community knowledge (figurative of course, we don’t have a literal vault).
- We make introductions between volunteers and nonprofits that we think will be a great mutual fit.
- Companis facilitates the written agreement between the nonprofit partner and the volunteer, which outlines the kind of work, hours, length of time, and stipend if applicable.
- We provide monthly support meetings for all volunteers, and as-needed support for nonprofits, for the duration of the placement, plus ongoing professional development for both.
Of course, not everything is instantaneous.
There’s a little bit of luck and a dash of community synergy that’s always in the mix too.