We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us.
Information We Collect
As a Visitor, you can browse our Website to find out more about our Website. You are not required to provide us with any personal information as a visitor.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect your personal information when you express an interest in obtaining information about us, when expressing interest in volunteering or partnering with us, when donating to us, or otherwise contacting us.
Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Website. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interaction with us. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Name, Email Address, and Contact Data
- Payment Information. If you choose to donate to us, we collect payment information through our payment processor. All payment information is securely stored by our payment processor and we do not have access to your sensitive information, such as credit card number or security code.
- Volunteer Information. If you express an interest in volunteering with us through our Website, we may ask specific information related to your interests and abilities in order to begin a conversation about a potential placement.
- Organization Information. If you express an interest in partnering with us through our Website, we may ask specific information related to your organization in order to determine how best to serve you.
Automatically Collected Information
When you use our Website, we automatically collect certain computer information by the interaction of your mobile phone or web browser with our website. Such information is typically considered non-personal information. We may collect the following:
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our website, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you’re headed to when you leave our website. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the internet, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our Users to help improve our Website.
Information Regarding Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update, or to delete the personal information we have on you
- The right of rectification
- The right to object
- The right of restriction
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
“Do Not Sell My Personal Information” Notice for California consumers under California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Under the CCPA, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
We employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our website (“Service Providers”), to provide our website on our behalf, to perform website-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our website is used. These third-parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We provide the opportunity for potential volunteers and agencies to reach us through our site. In that case, we use a third-party service from Little Green Light for collecting personal information. Little Green Light provides cloud hosted donor management software that we use to track our volunteers, donors, and partners.
For more information on the privacy practices of Little Green Light, please visit the Little Green Light Privacy web page: https://www.littlegreenlight.com/terms/#privacy
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We allow donations on our Website. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
We send newsletters and occasional updates using Mailchimp (The Rocket Science Group, LLC). We believe these notices will be useful to individuals that subscribe to our website or social media accounts. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every email. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.